The Company’s Head Office is based in Claremont Cape Town. They import supplies from overseas and are a supplier and distributor of Composite materials and Technology throughout South Africa, with branches in Johannesburg and the Garden Route.
This is a Career opportunity for a Purchasing & Freight Assistant to be part of a vibrant environment and to assist the Purchasing & Freight Manager.
Only Purchasing & Freight Assistants living in the Southern Peninsula or Southern Suburbs of Cape Town will be considered for this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Purchase Orders creation and confirmation via email.
- Creating brown folder and printing hard copies for the file.
- Updating purchase orders in OMNI to match Order confirmation.
- Updating and creating supplier price lists in Omni
- Email follow up with suppliers on readiness dates, invoices and Eur1 certificates COC ETC.
- Monitoring supplier deliveries, communicating arrival dates, distributing invoices to warehouses for checking and receiving orders.
- Monitoring and checking supplier invoices for payments
- Preparing import documentation for payments.
- Filing completed orders into alphabetical order
- Advising freight forwarder of collection dates
- Monitoring shipments via Sea Air and courier
- Accessing macro and micro economic factors impacting on shipping lanes and flights
- Timely communication of ETA and delays
- Updating Status report on weekly basis.
- Monitoring freight rates and offering costings before shipments.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12 with Maths is essential
- A Freight Certificate is an added advantage
- MS Office with above average MS Excel ability and experience is essential
- Good communication skills to interact with suppliers and freight companies
- An eye for detail is essential as well as being deadline driven
- Accurate figure ability is essential
- Enjoy interacting with Freight companies and handling foreign exchange
Package & Remuneration
Salary offered: R15 000 p.m.