The purpose of this job is to ensure that the Quality Control function is carried out effectively and to supervise staff in the Quality Department. The successful candidate will be required to work shifts at the factory in Simons Town, South Peninsula. A salary commensurate with experience is offered with Benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspection of all incoming raw materials with verification testing
- Ensure all cleaning Procedures are strictly adhered to
- Reporting to the QA Manager all non-conformances
- Prepare samples for clients and customers
- Ensure that production remains running with quality specification at different stages
- Conduct rapid conventional microbial analyses.
- Reporting to QA Manager after each shift.
- Check and ensure that correct procedures are being adhered to on the production floor
- Ad hoc duties as requested by QA Manager
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- BSc or ND in Microbiology; Food Science; Food Technology; Biochemistry
- Essential to have a background in Microbiology
- Own Reliable transport
- Manufacturing Industry experience
- Min 2 – 3 years Supervisory experience in same industry
- This post would suit someone with high attention to detail with excellent communication skills, computer literate in MS Office and outlook and experience in Report writing.
- Must have good time management, mathematical and admin skills are all essential.
- A solutions driven, assertive personality is required as well as a knowledge of quality management systems i.e. ISO 9001 and basic analytical tests; pH, T55, etc
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com