Our client is a longstanding Chartered Accounting firm, part of a global network of accountancy firms. They continually strive to provide a professional, high quality, cost effective, personal service in all aspects of financial and business management.
If you enjoy managing a portfolio of clients, maintaining and growing your technical experience and working in a fast-paced professional firm environment, this is an excellent opportunity for YOU!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise and initiating the processing of client information cheques, receipts, sales invoices, purchase invoices
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Processing and reconciling of Petty Cash and cash control accounts
- Keeping of a fixed asset register
- General journals – e.g. depreciation, provisions, interest, salaries, stock, etc.
- Process journal entries e.g. new instalment sale agreements, interest on borrowings, provisions, accruals of income and expenses, bad debts etc.
- Reconcile debtors and creditors statements.
- Correct accounting treatment on disposal of assets (property, plant & equipment) and investments and the calculation of the taxation on capital gains/losses.
- Analyse the resulting trial balance for mistakes / deviations and be able to discuss the results with the client.
- Analytical review of AFS – GP%, Inventory days, Creditors days, Debtors days
- Produce a draft set of financials
- Prepare the notes to financial statements
- Identifying provisions and contingent liabilities
- Calculate the tax liability for sole proprietors, individuals, close corporations and trusts, small business corporations, and partnerships.
- Reconciliations of input/output VAT to monthly trial balance.
- Compiling and discussing with the client of monthly management accounts.
- Requesting information from Clients.
- Review junior team member’s work if required
- On-the-job training and development of junior members if required.
- Provisional tax calculations
- Maintain strong client relationships
Complex level of accounting considering the above
Desired Experience & Qualification
- A good understanding of accounting with at least five years’ experience in an auditing firm environment
- A degree in accounting will be beneficial
- Basic computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Xero, Pastel, etc)
- To read and write in both English and Afrikaans
- Drivers Licence with own transport to be able to visit clients if necessary
- Good communicator with Clients and colleagues
- Strong management skills, leadership and organisational abilities.
- Able to work on your own and amnage a portfolio of clients.
- Meet monthly deadlines timeously.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Payroll, VAT and efiling
Package & Remuneration
R18-25000 pm commensurate with qualifications and experience – Cost to Company, includes CAMAF Medical Aid.
Provident Fund is available after 2 years with the firm
The firm pays for death and disability insurance
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com